The workshop provided the best HR practices from around the world and heard from colleagues…
Shaping Tomorrow’s Workplace
At KBZ Bank, we understand that promoting diversity, equity, and inclusion starts with our own workplace. We are committed to embracing and fostering an inclusive workplace culture where all employees feel valued, respected, and supported. Here are some of the initiatives we have implemented to promote DE&I in our workplace:
Fostering Diversity: Our Fair & Inclusive Hiring Approach
We recognize that a diverse and inclusive workforce can bring a range of perspectives and ideas, leading to better problem-solving and decision-making. To ensure that we are promoting DE&I in our workplace, we have implemented diverse & inclusive hiring practices through Diversity & Inclusion Policy and Equal Employment Opportunity Policy.
First and foremost, we ensure that our hiring process is fair and equitable. This means that all candidates are evaluated based on their qualifications, skills, experiences, and business needs, without bias or discrimination. Our job application process is designed to be inclusive and accessible to all. We include specific inquiries regarding any special accommodations or accessibility requirements that candidates may need to ensure a fair and seamless recruitment experience in our job vacancy announcement/advertisement.
Statement of Inclusion
KBZ Bank is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce and creating an inclusive workplace. We make all aspects of personnel decisions based on qualification, performance, and business needs.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and we do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, age, marital status, or any other protected class.
Additionally, we actively recruit candidates from a wide range of backgrounds and experiences. We post job openings on a variety of job boards and social media platforms to reach a diverse candidate pool.
In addition to our efforts to create a fair and equitable hiring process, we actively seek to provide job opportunities to individuals from underrepresented groups, including people with disabilities. As of Oct 2022, there are 9 employees with disabilities working with us who are valuable members of our team. In the future, we plan to expand our efforts and provide job opportunities to at least 50 individuals with disabilities.
Overall, we are committed to promoting DE&I in our workplace and believe that our diverse hiring practices are a critical component of achieving this goal.
Learning and Beyond
To foster a culture of diversity and inclusion, education and training are essential. Our Diversity & Inclusion training equips employees with knowledge on how diversity impacts our work, going beyond just ticking a box. We’re committed to building inclusive spaces and overcoming unconscious biases.
At KBZ Bank, we are more than a team. We’re a diverse family of individuals unified by a common goal: to create an inclusive, respectful, and empowering work environment. We’re not just embracing change – we’re leading it.
KBZ Bank is committed to ensuring an inclusive workplace. A number of our policies and procedures support our commitment to operating ethically and responsibly not only as a business but also at an individual level. We will ensure that all of our employees are notified of the respective policies regarding anti-harassment and non-discrimination, diversity & inclusion, equal employment opportunity, stakeholder rights, whistleblowing policy, grievance policy and mechanisms are put in place to protect the vulnerable population.
We have implemented policies in place to embrace and foster a safe, respectful, and supportive working environment for everyone.
- Our Code of conduct sets out the principles and standards of behavior that we expect of everyone who works for KBZ bank.
- Our Whistleblowing policy plays an important aspect of accountability and transparency as a mechanism to enable stakeholders, including employees, vendors, contractors, service providers, and customers to voice concerns in a responsible and effective manner, while assuring their confidentiality when they do so.
- Our employees are protected against any discrimination with these policies: Professional Behaviour policy, and Anti-harassment & non-discrimination policy. KBZ Bank does not tolerate any form of unacceptable workplace behaviors such as bullying/harassment, discrimination, violence, sexual harassment, vilification, and victimization.
- Breastfeeding Time-off policy provides new mothers with two hours of time off daily to take care of their child until they reach six months old. This policy enables new mothers to return to work and continue breastfeeding their child, without worrying about neglecting their parental duties. We are proud to offer this policy to support our employees during this important time in their lives. KBZ Bank currently has two lactation facilities known as Mothers’ corner and planning to expand more in the future.
- Diversity & Inclusion Policy: Committed to an inclusive, diverse workplace that upholds equal opportunity and labor laws, this policy is guided by our core values – Metta, Thet Ti, Virya (loving kindness, courage, perseverance). It promotes respectful interaction and cooperation among employees, mirroring customer values, while encouraging contributions to communities, fostering understanding and respect for diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Equal Employment Opportunity Policy (the “EEO Policy”) guides the bank’s approach to providing equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants in all phases of employment. KBZ Bank as an equal opportunity employer, treats all its employees and potential employees equally and with respect, regardless of any characteristics, such as race, gender, disability, religion, nationality, sexual orientation, or age.